Thursday, September 16, 2010

Storytime: The Story of Muhammad

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته


Today we read, The Story of Muhammad, from the Prophets Sent by Allah series.



This is a beautiful story masha'Allah. It is nicely written with an ending that was so touching it caused tears. Because this was not a planned read aloud - some of my read alouds are planned, so I do activities with them but most are child selected or teacher suggested - I did not have any activities planned for this story. During the read aloud I found myself wishing that I had planned to read this story today but alhamdulillah, that is one of the many beauties of the read aloud: you can read the same story over and over and over again insha'Allah. So, dear sisters, have you read this story before? If so, what activities did you do with it? And for which age group?

6 comments:

  1. Masha Allaah waiting to get the book sis, the local agents did not have this one on the series, hoping to get it as soon as they get their stock Insha Allaah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the agent there can get this book insha'Allah. Really, the story is beautiful masha'Allah and I'm trying to see what activities I can do with it insha'Allah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Assalamaliki sister, I love your books and your blogs. Just discovered this one :)....May Allah ta'ala reward you immensely.
    I can't see most of the pictures on the blog, which publisher is this book from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waalaikum assalam wa rahmatullaahi,

      Educatinathome, please forgive me. I did not see this comment or saw it and forgot to respond. Alhamdulillaah you enjoy the blogs; all of the good is from Allaah Alone.

      The problem of the pictures will be fixed little by little in shaa' Allaah. Jazakillaahu khayr for mentioning this.

      Delete
  4. Where can i find this book sister. jazakaillahu khayran for your work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha Jo, jazakillaahu khayr for your comment. The post has been updated with a link to the book publisher.

      Delete