Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Storytime: My Librarian is a Camel!

Assalamu alaikum,


Today we read My Librarian is a Camel by Margriet Ruurs 


This book is intended for children in grades 3-5 however we enjoyed the book simply by telling the story based on the pictures. I checked this book out because of the camels in the story of Prophet Hud (alayhi salam). I used this book as an extension to teach a bit more about camels and also link to a topic very familiar here...the library. I wanted to invite an exploration of the various ways goods are delivered to people. In the story of the Prophet Hud, for example, it mentions that the people of 'Aad traded with caravans and were very rich but lost sight of where the blessings came from which led to their destruction. In this book, children see how a different type of item is delivered to people: books.

No comments:

Post a Comment