Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Storytime: Ana wa Akhi:Me and My Brother (Arabic & English)

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته



This is a cute and fun story about two boys, Waleed and Sa'eed. Waleed is the older of the two and tells how he prepares himself for school each morning. Sa'eed, wishing to imitate his older brother tells how he too gets ready for school in the morning, although he is too young to go to school yet *smile*. The ending is very cute as Sa'eed does not make it off to school as he planned but makes it off to sleep instead!

The books from this series are several but all are not appropriate. I downloaded this book from a blog and when I went to link back to it, I could not locate it or the other two books they had (but you can click on the title of the book above to download a copy from box.net).

And I just googled to try to find the book again but instead I found this! It's the book with English translation alhamdulillaah. This is nice for those wishing to increase their child(ren)'s Arabic vocabulary. Each page has select vocabulary words and in the back of the book all of these words are listed in a mini-dictionary format.

Enjoy your reading insha'Allaah!

6 comments:

  1. Assalaamu Alaikum dear sis

    Masha Allaah yes this is a cute book and Maimoonah loves it. In fact she has memorised most part of the book and uses it while she is at play. In fact I wanted to post about it on my blog for a long time but skipped my mind, am glad you did it. May be you can put out some activities and we can use it for "Together we read" soon Insha Allaah (only when you have the time, smile). Sorry for giving you work upon work burden upon burden !!! May Allaah bless you. Love you for the sake of Allaah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waalaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

    What a brilliant idea sis Umm Maimoonah! Barak Allaahu feki! This is good because it will make it easy for those who cannot get to the library.

    And as for giving me work...hmm...see it this way...you help keep me employed yes?....*smile*

    I think that I will take your suggestion and this will be the book for 'Together We Read' (March 2011) insha'Allaah. Barak Allaahu feki again.

    And may He for whom you have loved me love you ((Hug)).

    ReplyDelete
  3. *insha'Allaah, it will make it easy for those who cannot get to the library.

    ReplyDelete
  4. jazak-Allah for posting a link with English translation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Assalam u alaykum!!

    Here is the link for all the books in the series..

    http://bookstolearnarabic.wordpress.com/arabic-stories/

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ muslimlearninggarden: wa iyaki and insha'Allaah you enjoy the book.

    @Umm: jazakillaahu khayr dear sis! This is not the blog where I saw the book so I am happy that the books are elsewhere to download because I can't find the books on the blog where I first saw them *smile*.

    ReplyDelete